- Receive trucks and unload merchandise.
- Stack merchandise on racks.
- Stock warehouse with tools.
- Ensure machinery is serviced and functional.
- Check in merchandise and affix labels.
- Match purchase orders to sales orders and distribute to sales associates for processing.
- Fulfill customer orders.
- Move materials off racks and package for shipment.
- Fill requisitions, work orders, or requests for materials, tools, or other stock items.
- Follow all safety codes.
- Place merchandise on pallets or shelves for distribution.
- Record amounts of materials or items received.
- Perform facilities maintenance.
- Sort material according to size, type, style, color, or product code.
- Carry out tasks as assigned by the warehouse supervisor / manager.
- Identify damage, loss, or surplus of goods and materials stored in the warehouse.
- Compile inventory balances and price lists.
- Maintain records of all activities and processes pertaining to the storehouse.
An ability to work individually and as part of a team, the ability to concentrate for long periods of time and have the attention to detail.
Act as an assistant to the Warehouse Manager in the administration of the above duties. A valid driver’s license and experience in customs brokerage will be an asset.
- Regularly sitting on a powered industrial truck
- Frequently lift up to 50 pounds and adjust body position to bend, stoop, stand, walk, turn, pivot, and stand for long periods of time
- Having a good sense of balance
- Having good eye-hand-foot coordination
- Ability to assess weights and judge distances and heights
- Good math, language and reading skills; basic computer skills may be required
- High degree of attention required to prevent injury to others; promote a safe work environment
- Follow instructions for operating equipment and keeping records
- Execute assignments in an accurate, timely and safe manner
- Maintain a clean & safe environment
- May be required to use RF scanner gun
- Clean driving record and a valid state motor vehicle operator’s license may be required
- Obtains copy of production schedule or shipping order and transports material or equipment to and from designated areas in the facility
- Loading and unloading goods from vehicles such as trucks or aircraft
- Moving goods packed on pallets or in crates around the storage facility
- Stacking goods in the correct storage bays, following inventory control instructions
- Checking loads are secure
- Stacking empty pallets
- Performing daily equipment checks such as recharging the truck’s battery and lubricating equipment
- Removing machine attachments and waste material from machines
- Examining products to verify conformance to quality standards
- Dumping materials into machine hoppers
Benefits such as insurance and perks such as company phones are available to the selected applicants for some of the positions. Renumeration will be based on experience. Please submit applications to: email@example.com on or before Thursday 9 February, 2017.